Ecology Services Inc. has been providing NORM (Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material) management and consulting services for over 20 years. From soil and liquid sampling/analysis to large soil and contaminated structure removal/disposal projects, ESI has the equipment and technical staff to assess, remediate and dispose NORM impacted waste and residuals.
One recent project was the characterization and disposal of over 12,000 tons of NORM impacted soils from a Superfund Site where ESI was able to obtain state approval to bury the waste in a local Sub-title D landfill.
With the drilling of Marcellus Shale at numerous sites in New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia, and the increasing public awareness of the need to manage any NORM byproduct resulting from the drilling, ESI can provide the following services:
- Sampling and analysis of drill cuttings and wastewater.
- Alpha and Beta contamination surveys and gross radiation surveys.
- Worker and public exposure assessments.
- Packaging, labeling, manifesting and disposal.
- Pipe decontamination
- Consulting/support with State regulatory compliance issues.